If you would like to download a copy of these terms and conditions, please click the link below:
Terms of Engagement
My current terms of engagement are:
- My current hourly fee rate is £300.00 + VAT for all time spent on the case. I am prepared to accept a fixed fee of £600.00 + VAT for a preliminary screening report.
- I am prepared to travel if necessary. Travelling costs are at 50% of the normal hourly rate for the time in transit. I shall expect to be provided with a first class train travel or business class air travel.
- My fees are £600.00 + VAT for trial preparation and my daily rate for attending Court Hearings is £3,000.00 + VAT which includes time for travelling and waiting. I expect payment for the time at court even if I do not give oral evidence. The preparation fee will be charged if the case is cancelled within 2 months of the date of the first day of the trial window as preparation including altering clinical work needs to be arranged from that time.
- If the days allocated to the case are cancelled within 14 days but before the last working day to the start of the case a fee of 50% of the daily rate will be charged for the days so cancelled. If cancellation occurs within one working day of the case commencing the full fee for the time allocated will be charged (although in both instances the preparation fee will be waived). A maximum of one day’s additional fees will be charged for cancellation. Any expenses incurred which cannot be refunded in the event of cancellation will be charged in full.
- For pre-trial work Pedmore Medical Ltd expects payment within 45 days of invoice date from you, our client, irrespective of whether your client has paid you. Following trial I shall expect prompt payment as soon as costs are agreed or awarded by the court and, in any event, within three months of the end of the trial. We are moving to electronic payment methods and our bank details for BACS payments are provided on our invoices.
- Should accounts not be settled within the agreed period, Pedmore Medical Ltd has the right to charge interest on unpaid accounts at the rate of 2% per month, or part of a month, until full settlement is received.
- I am not prepared to have my accounts subjected to taxation and look to you, my client, to fund any taxation deducted relating to the case at any time.
- I will use my experience, care and skill in fulfilling your instructions to the best of my ability. Please remember that I am an independent witness.
- Please keep me closely informed on the progress of the case including the completion of the matter. I can probably provide input in the period before trial if indeed the matter proceeds to that stage
- These terms of engagement will remain in force until 30th June 2021 and may be revised thereafter.
1st October 2020